Mission Statement of the Idaho Courts
Adopted by the Supreme Court on October 31, 2011
As the Third Branch of Government, We Provide Access to Justice Through the Timely, Fair, and Impartial Resolution of Cases.
Values of the Idaho Courts
Integrity | Fairness| Independence | Respect | Excellence | Innovation
Strategic Goals and Major Objectives of the Idaho Courts
GOAL 1 - To provide Timely, Fair, and Impartial Case Resolution
- Advance justice by resolving cases as early as possible, while guaranteeing the rights of the parties.
- Resolve cases involving children and families through the combined efforts of the courts, the family, and community services in ways that are least adversarial and intrusive.
- Improve the safety and well-being of children and families involved in child protection cases.
GOAL 2 - Ensure Access to Justice
- Strengthen and expand both Court Assistance Office services and options for legal representation for persons of limited means while increasing the public’s awareness of these services.
- Enhance the ability to efficiently conduct court business by developing technologies, especially electronic filing of all court documents.
GOAL 3 - Promote Effective, Innovative Services
- Assure the highest level of service by recruiting highly-qualified judges and court personnel and advancing their professional development through educational opportunities.
- Enhance court programs and services by actively working with the legislative and executive branches of state government, counties, cities, and stakeholders to foster the necessary resources to meet the evolving needs of Idahoans.
- Provide long-term resolution of cases through effective application of the principles of problem-solving justice.
GOAL 4 - Increase Public Trust and Confidence in Idaho Courts
- Protect communities, reduce recidivism, and hold offenders accountable through evidence-based sentencing practices.
- Increase awareness of the importance of the jury system—as well as the public’s participation in that system—and develop strategies to improve jury service and appreciation.
Click here for a printable copy.